C# .NET developer
Your primary responsibility will be developing features for the SaaS based Agent Desktop application in an MVVM architecture,
utilizing C# and WPF. CRM Solution applications target the travel industry and road safety
& security target police services.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in requirements gathering and/or technical design sessions with key stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, collaborative skills and developing creative solutions. Identify
system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Designing, developing, testing, and implementing coding changes for IEG internal Applications
- Assist in physical and logical database design, development of system architecture, and prototyping
- Rewrite VB6 applications and modules to C#
- Writing Technical documentation and prepare User documentation
- Investigating and resolving application errors and/or issues reported by application users
- Work with team members in sharing knowledge / expertise
- Providing regular status updates to the team, team leader, project manager, and/or supervisor
- Manage expectations effectively through accurate estimation and delivery, meet deadlines,
work within project timeframes, and to quickly adapt to changing business needs
Knowledge, Technical and Soft Skills
Location: Montreal, Canada
- Excellent coding skills in C# with knowledge in WPF, WCF, LINQ and other .NET APIs
- MVVM – Model view, view model
- Solid knowledge of Visual Studio .NET 2013 and experience with ASP.NET, XML, Web Services
and any of the .NET languages (VB.NET, C#, etc.)
- Experience with application development on MS SQL Server and Oracle, good understanding
on relational database. Experience with Team Foundation Server is a plus
- Solve complex algorithms and problems without relying on Google searches
- Practical understanding of software engineering with object-oriented methodology, including
familiarity with various design patterns and architectures
- 5+ years of "Hands-on" object-oriented software development experience, with a focus
on creating enterprise solutions to solve complex business issues
- Experience with application development on MS SQL Server and/or Oracle, good understanding
on relational database
- * Good communication and interpersonal skills, good team player with ability to communicate
positively and professionally in an iterative process
- * Experience on software design patterns, UML, code reviews, test automation framework
is a plus
- Experience in analyzing information, software algorithm design, software design, software
debugging, software development fundamentals, software documentation, and software
- Demonstrated experience translating business needs and requests into functioning software
- Proven ability to take the initiative to drive the design and influence highly technical
and cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Innovative & creative
Mobile Application Development (iOS/Android) Xamarin
We are looking for a Mobile Application developer in a full time lead role within our development team. Our firm primarily
develops CRM Applications for the passenger airline industry, both desktop and mobile. Our
applications enable our Clients to manage their operations while enhancing their customer
“passengers” travel experience.
We have recently embarked on a mobile development strategy to complement our traditional desktop applications. We have adopted
Xamarin as the development platform with our flagship application targeting the Android device.
Migrating to iOS is the next step along with new mobile app development.
You will be joining our development team at the start, as our mobile strategy gets launched. If you ever wanted to join an
upstart then our firm’s mobile division is something to consider. We are open to new ways
of thinking, especially those that will contribute to your personal growth and overall success
of the company.
What you'll Need
- Excellent knowledge of Design Patterns
- Plenty of experience on .NET framework
- Very strong interest in Xamarin
- Cross platform app development (iOS, Android)
- Work experience in an agile and iterative development context
- Enjoy working in a team and be comfortable interacting with a multidisciplinary team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for creating best-in-class apps
What we’ll empower you with:
- Collaborating and/or lead within mobile app development from applications built in .NET and
- Analyzing project needs and creating proof of concepts
- Implementing system architectures and validating their efficiency
- Developing patterns to ensure that builds are robust, reliable and secure
Location: Montreal, Canada
- You’ll have the opportunity to join a team At The Start.
- Huge reward potential as the division expands.
- You will work in an environment driven by results – you make your schedule aligned with the
need to collaborate with the team.
- We work within the fascinating travel industry where the end customer needs and results are
- Location: Eligible to work in Montreal, Canada
- Position: Full time.
The Project Manager works with the senior management team to oversee the planning and budget to achieve the project’s goals,
and regularly measures and reports on spending. The position will be responsible to manage
project teams and ensures quality control throughout the project life-cycles as a centric
role to the position.
- Manage project development throughout the project life cycle
- Manage project teams, external vendors and contractors within a detailed work plan
- Be accountable for project results to senior management; meets financial objectives by forecasting
requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic
plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying
trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Manage project staff and contractors
- Control the project through management reporting, effective communication with all parties,
cash flow projections
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Location: Maryland/Washington DC area
- Project management certifications (PMP/PMI) or 4-6 years senior project leadership equivalent
- Experience with marketing technology and software solutions
- Ability to develop project management tools, templates and metrics used to manage projects
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills; collaborative approach with peers and team members
- Experience in working within regulated businesses or with regulators
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Expert MS Office skills especially Excel (Super User), PowerPoint (Expert) & Word, MS Project
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and shift priorities quickly
- Self-motivated, works independently
- Integrates well with team members and capable to manage resources of various skill sets
- Takes constructive criticism and applies it to improve job performance
Web (GUI/Front-End) Developer
Are you passionate about the Internet and digital media? Excited by innovative technology and creative solutions? Then you
definitely need to consider this opportunity!
We are looking for a Web Engineer to join our development team full time. Our firm primarily develops CRM Applications for
the passenger airline industry, both desktop and mobile. It enables our Clients to manage
their operations while enhancing their customer experience throughout their travels.
We are open to new ways of thinking, especially those that will contribute to the growth of the individual and overall success
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in hand coding of HTML, CSS, AS2, AS3, JS from scratch
- Experience working with REST services and 3rd party APIs using AJAX / JSON
- Expert of web standards and CSS/media query/responsive layouts/DOM
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Literacy and project knowledge of server side technologies
- Experience with PHP & MySQL is an asset.
- Passion for software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, simplicity,
- UI architecture and interaction design to help design GUI standards for new .Net application
- evaluate existing style guides, style sheets, and master page standards to ensure existing
GUI standards are best in practice for business needs
- Improving mechanisms for tracking end-user’s actions across all components and sending them
to servers in cross-platform environments
- Working with Back-End team to use internal APIs and REST services for enhanced functionality
of front end interfaces
- Working with HTML/CSS3 for building excellent UX interfaces
- Ensuring strong security compliance across all source codes
Successful Candidate will:
- Successful candidates will be well trained in design, illustrate an ability to apply strategic
thinking and business goals to design work, possess an understanding of both work flow
and user tasks, and will be known for having a good eye, usability focus, and aesthetic
- Be capable of defining and implementing design criteria, design guidelines, and design specifications,
including mockups and Wire frames that satisfy usability and functional requirements
that are scalable and that leverage existing technologies, third party tools, etc. as
defined by the business.
- Compare, contrast, and prioritize among alternative approaches to meeting design objectives,
using judgment to suggest solutions to design problems that optimize among customer needs,
business constraints, and technological realities
- Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical
UI design and implementation
- Ability to mentor in-house UI staff on the best practices of the discipline and to ensure
adequate knowledge transfer and documentation such that this skill set is enhanced within
the Client's UI Design Team.
- Lead by example, judgment, experience, and design principles
- Illustrate drive for ease of use and simplicity despite complexity of software/desktop applications
- Learn new technology quickly, from the core applications being developed to new design tools
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment with some ambiguity, as the range
of applications are from vague to well defined, simple to complex.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with user researchers, UI text writers, peer UI designers
and to accept input from a variety of peers and sponsors
- Demonstrated ability to produce detailed UI specifications that can be understood by users
but also provide sufficient description and instruction for programmers such that the
risks of different approaches/interpretations are mitigated.
- Demonstrated ability to present UI decisions and to build team consensus around new UI designs.
- Demonstrated experience identifying user profiles, their related user interface (UI) needs
and tasks and in employing methods of user centered design.
- Demonstrated experience designing, conducting and analyzing iterative usability evaluations
with representative users and then modifying UI mockups to address specific usability
Requirements and Qualifications:
Location: Montreal, Canada
- Four-year product/interaction design or graphic design degree.
- Minimum 4 - 8 years industry experience, preferably in corporate and software publishing.
- 4-5 years s/w and/or web application product experience. Experience in high volume transaction
processing applications, case management systems, high-profile software products.
- Extensive experience with Visual Studio, Style Sheets and Photo shop.
- Strong portfolio available for viewing.
- Strong mockup skills; efficient prototyping and scripting skills.
- Experience with all other major design, multimedia, and operating system software: Flash,
Director, Visio/Visual Basic, Windows, Infragistics, Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) QuarkXpress,
PageMaker (Mac experience acceptable as long as candidate has significant experience
designing and producing on the PC as well.)